What if you were a Mechanical Fitter at AFECO?
You could carry out mechanical installation and refurbishment works on client sites across the region.
Up to £32,000 level dependent on experience
What you’ll be doing
We currently have a great opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join our in-house engineering team, capable of delivering all stages of the project cycle, from concept through to commissioning.
You will mainly be responsible for on-site installation, testing and sign off of our projects. The role will include travelling client sites and carrying out the mechanical installation and testing work.
Download the full Job Description for more information about the role.
What skills and qualifications are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and keen to solve problems and assist in the delivery of our projects in a manner that exceeds our customers’ expectations and ensures that our work adheres to the Company’s management systems including all occupational health and safety (OH&S), environmental and quality policies and requirements.
You’ll also be a team player, able to assist electrical trades when required.
- 2+ years related experience in mechanical installation and testing, preferably in the UK water sector
- Qualified mechanical fitter (NVQ or “City and Guilds” level 3)
- PC literate with good communication skills
- Able to work well in a team and give as well as take instruction
- Punctuality and reliability
- Excellent health and safety knowledge and application
- Willingness to learn and undertake training as required
- Positive “can do” attitude with a flexible approach to work and ability to work on own initiative
- Valid UK driving licence
- CSCS Card
- EUSR clean water card
- Emergency first aid or First Aider
- Confined spaces training
Think your suitable – we’d love to hear from you!
At AFECO, we value our employee’s and encourage and support them to develop themselves and their career through training and progression.
We are a privately owned business with a friendly and open culture and are dedicated to creating and maintaining and workforce that is highly skilled and motivated.
Download the full Job Description for more information about the role and if you think you’re a good fit, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply using the form below…