Mechanical Project Engineer
What if you were a Mechanical Project Engineer at AFECO?
You could work on all mechanical elements of the company’s mechanical projects, collaborating with the project team (engineers and staff).
Up to £40,000 level dependent on experience
What you’ll be doing
The day-to-day activities of the role will require working as part of our team to work on all elements of project design and delivery, including tender development, project planning and coordination, carrying out mechanical design/specification works, coordinating the review of project designs, coordinating with subcontractors and suppliers, and ensuring the proper implementation of project elements, controls and paperwork.
You’ll attend site visits to site to scope, check and troubleshoot both potential and live projects and to ensure the smooth running of all projects.
Download the full Job Description for more information on the role.
What skills and qualifications are we looking for?
The ideal candidate for this role has the experience, dedication and a positive attitude.
We are looking for at least 3 years experience in mechanical design, ideally in the UK water sector, and with a strong balance of office and practical experience.
You’ll also have good communication skills, are able to work as part of a team, strong problem-solving skills and the ability to understand mechanical drawings and instructions.
We’re also looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering / related field or equivalent
- Excellent project management / organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent degree of computer literacy
- CAD expertise and experience are preferable
- Field / practical experience essential
- Excellent CDM and health and safety knowledge and application
- Positive “can do” attitude with a flexible approach to work
- Excellent personal presentation
- Driving licence preferable (full, clean)
- CSCS card preferable
Think you’re suitable – we’d love to hear from you!
At AFECO, we value our employee’s and encourage and support them to develop themselves and their career through training and progression.
We are a privately owned business with a friendly and open culture and are dedicated to creating and maintaining and workforce that is highly skilled and motivated.
Download the full Job Description for more information about the role and if you think you’re a good fit, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply using the form below…